Universitas Choral was established on the 27th March 2015 and is part of The Department of Students and Alumni Services (DSSA from UAIC), embodying a series of initiatives from the University Alexandru Ioan Cuza of Iasi which are meant to engage the students in cultural and artistic activities. The establishment of the choral provides another service set up for UAIC students and alumni. The range of services covers:
- the encouragement of cultural education
- promoting the University Alexandru Ioan Cuza of Iasi through concerts and academic events
- encouraging cultural exchanges in UAIC
- professional training for students
- making know the classical, romantic and contemporaneous art
- bringing the choral music closer to students
- encouraging the debut of talented students
Universitas Choral is a mixed team and the number of our singer can vary depending on the event and musical repertoire. The team is composed of students from the 15 faculties belonging to the University Alexandru Ioan Cuza of Iasi and aims to make known the choral music in the university. We train our voices in order to gasp and deliver to our audience the most profound emotions; the repertory is chosen according to the values we emphasize and cultivate.
How is the preselection organized?
Any alumni or student from University Alexandru Ioan Cuza of Iasi is eligible to participate no matter what degree are enrolled in (undergraduate, master, doctoral). The choir coordinator and the conductor take part in the preselection (maximum 35 members).